Instructions for Students
1. Go to the SUNY Fredonia homepage
2. Click on the Your Connection link (found on the lowest section in the e-services tab)
3. Log in with your Fred ID# or Social Security Number and Password
4. Click on the “Personal Information” link on the Main Menu
5. Click on the last option on the Personal Information menu, “Emergency Alert Contact Information (NY-Alert)”
6. a. If you have not previously registered for the NY-Alert system, you will be given two choices. Click the first option, “I would like to register for this service now and receive any alerts sent to the campus community.” Then click CONTINUE.
i. Enter an e-mail address to receive NY-Alert messages, then click CONTINUE.
ii. Enter phone numbers to receive voice, text, and/or fax messages, then click CONTINUE.
iii. Confirm the information by clicking, “Register me with NY-Alert,” located at the bottom. You should then see the confirmation: "You have successfully registered for SUNY NY-Alert."
6. b. If you have already signed up for NY-Alert and need to update your information, you will be given three choices. Click the second option, "I would like to continue with the NY-Alert System but I need to alter the displayed contact information," then click CONTINUE. Review your information and make changes as needed.
Instructions for Faculty and Staff:
1. Go to the SUNY home page
2. Click on Faculty, Staff and Employment
3. Click on SUNY Secure Sign-On in the right-hand column; Select “Fredonia” from the drop-down menu and then sign on using your SUNY Fredonia User ID and Password.
4. Click on SUNY Emergency Contact system in the right-hand column
5. Complete the form as indicated; it will ask for your name, affiliation (employee, student or other) campus, e-mail address(es), telephone numbers (with area code) for voice and text messaging, text messaging provider, and fax number (if applicable).
**When inserting telephone numbers, don’t use dashes to separate numbers. *
6. Then click Submit at the bottom of the form, which will take you to another form to review, and then click Confirm. You will receive a message that your entry was submitted successfully to the SUNY Emergency Alert System.
If your contact information changes in the future; simply log into the site again and make the appropriate changes.