Hillel to celebrate Jewish History Month in April
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
SUNY Fredonia’s Hillel will be hosting multiple events celebrating Jewish History Month.
Hillel is a group designed to provide a caring community for people interested in Judaism. The Hillel provides programs to educate its members and the campus community about Jewish culture, history and heritage.
Hillel will kick-off the celebration with a Holocaust speaker at its opening ceremonies on Thursday, April 3, from 2:30 to 4 p.m. in Williams Center Room S204ABC, funded by the Honors Program.
- On Wednesday, April 9, there will be a chocolate seder event from 7 to 9 p.m. in the Williams Center Horizon Room. Although the event is free, tickets must be picked up at the SUNY Fredonia Ticket Office.
- The Williams Center Horizon Room will hold the Shabbat dinner: Nigerian Jews on Friday, April 11, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The event, co-sponsored by Black Student Union, is also free, but attendees must receive a ticket from the ticket office.
- Thursday, April 17, will be a movie night, showing, “Everything is Illuminated,” at 7:30 p.m. in the Williams Center Room S204D.
- Latinos Unidos will co-sponsor Bin-GLOW, a black light bingo event. This will take place on Wednesday, April 23, at 9 p.m. in the Williams Center Multipurpose Room.
- A Ga-ga game, similar to that of dodge ball, is slated for Saturday, April 26, from 8 to 10 p.m., in the Williams Center Multipurpose Room.
- On Wednesday, April 30, there will be a Jews Around the World event. It will be held in the Williams Center Room S204ABC from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
The celebration will end with the closing ceremonies Shabbat dinner on Friday, May 2, at 5 p.m. in the Williams Center Multipurpose Room.
For more information contact Erikalyn Aeckerle, public relations chair, at email@example.com.
Share on Facebook
Previous Page | Next Page