Study relief for students arrives with 'De-stress for Success' events
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
The Counseling Center, together with various campus departments and faculty, will host De-stress for Success, an initiative for students during the last week of classes and Final Exam Week.
De-stress for Success is a series of events, programs and workshops designed to help students find ways to reduce stress in a healthy, productive manner, and gain the focus they need to succeed during this challenging time. Events, which are free to all students, will begin Thursday, Dec. 12, and conclude Friday, Dec. 20.
- Zumba class: Monday, Dec. 16, and Wednesday, Dec. 18, 11 a.m. to noon, Dods Hall Gym. Dance away stress with a free zumba class.
- Paws to relax: Tuesday, Dec. 17, and Wednesday, Dec. 18, 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Reed Library. Pet and play with certified therapy dogs with Dr. Nancy Gee from the Department of Psychology.
- Freeze pops and stress balls: Tuesday, Dec. 17, and Thursday, Dec. 19, 11 a.m. to noon, McEwen Hall lobby. Relax with free freeze pops and stress balls.
- Yoga: Monday, Dec. 16, noon to 1 p.m., Dods Hall Gym. Free yoga class, learn how to stretch away the stress. Limited mats will be available; students encouraged to bring their own mats.
- Healthy Bites: Thursday, Dec. 12, to Thursday, Dec. 19, at LoGrasso Hall; the Health Center will offer free healthy snacks during finals week.
- Quiet Study Areas: Reed Library has designated quiet study areas in the classroom on the first floor of the Carnahan-Jackson Center and the second floor of the Carnahan-Jackson Center from Thursday, Dec. 12, to Thursday, Dec. 19, during the library's extended hours.
- In addition, the Williams Center has designated quiet study areas at the following dates: Monday, Dec. 16, to Thursday, Dec. 19, 9 a.m. to midnight; and Friday, Dec. 20, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Rooms 103C and 204E.
- Exam Study Break: Tuesday, Dec 17, 7 p.m., Williams Center Multipurpose room, sponsored by Spectrum Entertainment Board.
- Stress Free Zone: Thursday, Dec. 12, to Thursday, Dec. 19, Reed Library Lobby. Take a timeout from hectic schedule and relax with various stress relieving activities including coloring, crafts, and games.
Share on Facebook
Previous Page | Next Page