Plans announced for High Tech Incubator
Wednesday, May 17, 2006
SUNY Fredonia High Tech Incubator
NYSTAR Start-Up Grant
Dr. Leonard Faulk, Director of the Center for Rural Regional Development and Governance
- Director and administrator of the NYSTAR start-up grant
Dr. David Ewing, Dean of the SUNY Fredonia College of Natural and Social Sciences
- Fiscal and administrative responsibility for NYSTAR funds in the PI’s absence.
- Sub-contracts and awards
- SUNY Fredonia academic resources: School of Business; Departments of Biology, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Physics, and Visual Arts/New Media
- Outside funding and new grant proposals.
Entrepreneurial Center (teaching and learning):
Dr. Richard Robinson, Director of the SUNY Fredonia School of Business
- Pre-incubator Entrepreneurial Center modules
- Strategy Series Work Sessions for incubator client-companies
- Faculty in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Management, and Marketing, and recruit student interns
Entrepreneurial Center (work force development)
Chautauqua Workforce Investment Board (Executive Director, Dr. Susan McNamara)
- Seek prospective client-companies
- Convene groups to promote the Incubator
- Entrepreneurial Center model
- Development of additional funding proposals.
Patents and intellectual property:
SUNY Technology Transfer Office (Director, Dr. Guven Yalcintas)
- Attainment of patents and intellectual property rights.
Land acquisition and site preparation:
City of Dunkirk Development Office (Maclain Nichols, director)
- Land acquisition in the city, conduction of site cleanup, and site prepration.
New York State tax and business incentives
Dunkirk/Sheridan Empire Zone (Zone Coordinator Rebecca Condon)
- tax incentives
- reduced-rate utilities
- low cost financing.
Share on Facebook
Previous Page | Next Page