Celebrating Music Therapy Awareness
Friday, February 15, 2013
By Kimberly Hughes, '13
Music Therapy Awareness week begins Monday, Feb. 18 and concludes Friday, Feb. 22. Students, faculty and staff members, and general public are invited to all five events. All events for Music Therapy Awareness Week are free.
The events for the week:
- Monday: Open Mic Night-8 p.m. Tim Horton’s in Williams Center.
- Tuesday: “Experience Music Therapy” -4 p.m. Williams Center, 103C. Ellen Cool will give an interactive presentation in psychiatric diagnosis and developmental disabilities.
- Wednesday: Beth Deyermond and Conio Loretto, “Connecting through Music: Thoughts and Techniques on Improvisational Music Therapy” -4 p.m. McEwen G24.
- Thursday: Libby MacDougall “Music Therapy and Mental Health” – 4 p.m. Williams Center, 103C.
- Friday: Recital-7 p.m. Diers Recital Hall. The recital is presented by the Music Therapy Department in order to educate the audience on different music therapy services. The recital includes musical pieces, case studies, and intervention examples with participation from the audience.
Share on Facebook